Today was my first day of class of the Spring semester. I started off the day by going to the hospital in Radford that I'll be doing clinicals in this semester for OB. We had a 2 hour orientation of the documentation program that they use. There was a lot of information to get to know, but it was also really cool how much information will be right at my fingertips on each patient. After that my teacher took us on a little tour of the birthing wing of the hospital. Then I had to go to school to do a checkoff (catheters). Not too fun, but I'm glad it's over with! Tomorrow I'll have an actual day of "class."
I made Minestrone Soup last night. It's really good and very healthy. Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
6 medium cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups finely chopped yellow onions (2 small)
1 cup diced celery (2 medium stalks)
1 cup diced carrots (2 medium)
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or thyme leaves
1 can (15 oz) Progresso® cannellini beans, drained
1 1/2 cups undrained Progresso® diced tomatoes (half of a 28-oz can)
4 cups diced green or yellow zucchini (5 small)
1 cup uncooked tubetti pasta or other small tube pasta (4 oz)
2 cartons (32 oz each) Progresso® reduced-sodium chicken broth
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, if desired
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Directions:
In 6-quart stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until garlic begins to brown. Stir in onions, celery and carrots; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
Stir in rosemary, beans, tomatoes, zucchini, pasta and broth; heat to boiling. Reduce heat.
Cover; simmer about 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with cheese.
10 servings (about 1 1/2 cups each)
No comments:
Post a Comment