Tuesday, April 3, 2012

January-March recap

Well it's been awhile since I've last posted, not necessarily on accident. I wasn't really sure if I wanted to keep up the blog. It's not that I don't have anything interesting to write about, but I feel like I post a fair amount on Facebook and am not sure if the blog is overkill. Since my last post, I've started day-shift, had a birthday, gotten a new recliner, and have really been enjoying this nice weather.  So glad I don't have to sleep the day away anymore!

I switched to day shift at the end of January and it has really been great. It was a little stressful my first couple of weeks because of the difference in pace but I've settled back into things and am enjoying myself most days.

At the beginning of February, my sister and nephew came for a visit. We went to the aquatic center which my nephew really enjoyed though probably not as much as my cats!

Even though I had to work, I had a really great birthday. My coworkers surprised me with a card, balloon, and ice cream cake and all got together to sing happy birthday to me. It was really nice. I haven't had that many people gather together to celebrate with me probably since college. That night for dinner, Justin made me a nice dinner (he has never cooked me dinner before). The night before we had had dinner at Carrabba's since I would be getting home late from work on my birthday.

St. Patrick's day weekend, I made another trip to Norfolk to visit my sister, her husband, and my nephew. We had a very relaxing time and I got to tour Aaron's submarine (I've always wanted to go on one!) I definitely don't see how they fit so many men on one but I'm sure it's a tight squeeze!

April doesn't look too busy right now but May sure does! So excited for a fun-filled summer ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment