Thursday, February 3, 2011

Trust Part II

So before I started this semester, I was really excited- excited that it's my last semester and I will have no more school soon. But then I go to class yesterday and the nursing director for my school really puts a damper on my spirits. Now, she usually does every semester because she talks about how hard the semester will be and how nobody's going to make it. Meanwhile I chew off all my nails and am in pain for a couple days...a nice reminder of whatever she told us. Yesterday, she talked about the NCLEX and getting jobs. Both bad news. Apparently no one will pass the NCLEX and this is the worst nursing job market in all her years. Awesome! The thing I was most excited about (getting a job) is now the thing I'm most worried about! I'm thinking, should I apply other places than this area and commute back on my days off, will I have to drive like an hour to work, will I have to work at Target??? Then I have to think back to last year, when I had days and weeks where I wasn't sure if I would make it through the semester. During that time, all I knew was that I was in the place that I thought God wanted me to be, and if He wanted me to be a nurse, He would make a way for me to get through the semester. And I did. At the end of that semester, I knew I was supposed to be a nurse. Now I just have to trust that God will enable me to pass the NCLEX and find a job. Thanks for all your prayers and support through this journey I've been on and continue to keep me in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Why does she say you won't pass the NCLEX?? You'll do it for sure!! You could always take a Kaplan course online to help you get ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you can do it Ashley! Anyone who can even graduate from tech with a degree in Math (choke!) can pass your NCLEX! Plus, I know how hard you're working and that you're a wicked good test taker! You got this one- only a few more weeks (also, please come visit me before you take a nursing job somewhere warm and awesome. like Hawaii).

    Love&hugs,
    manda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, Ashley! Just from talking to you on the phone I can tell that you know your stuff and you are passionate about this. We'll be praying for you, too! And by the way--can't WAIT to see you in a few short weeks!! :)

    Love,
    Kimmie

    ReplyDelete