Most of you don't know that I've kind of been having a hard semester. Last semester waa definitely hard for me, but this semester, I feel like I just can't get control of my grades. I started out studying like I did last semester, but the classes are different and I've had about 3 weeks of breaks including the snow and spring break. It's been difficult to keep focused and learn on my own to make up for all the missed classes. Last week I was feeling very discouraged. I wanted to quit but I kept going only because I've come so far. I kept thinking about how much more I could do to pull my grades up but then I read a friend's blog who also had a very discouraging situation. Here's part of what she wrote:
"I am clinging to Romans 8:28 which tells us that 'in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose'. And while driving home today I opened Beth Moore's new book to read this prayer... 'Lord, help me to learn how to hang on tight to You when my life is rocked by dramatic change. Empower me to trust You and not to panic or fight for control. Help me to stop confusing a change in my circumstances with a change in my security status. You are my security, O God. You are the one sure thing. When everything around me shakes, You are unshakeable. Use change to provoke what needs changing in me, Lord, and to increase my appreciation of the only One who is the same yesterday, today, and forever'. Wow. When I read that prayer I truly felt the Lord speaking to my heart. What an awesome comfort to know that He is unshakeable. This morning I had a harsh realization of how shaky and unpredictable my world can be. But God? He is the same yesterday, today, and forever!!!!"
Needless to say, I have once again been reminded by God of how great my need for him is, every day of every week, and not just the weeks that suck!
You can do it. Stay focused and Trust in HIS plans for you :)
ReplyDeleteJust remember, whatever happens, God led you to do this nursing program and He will accomplish His plans through it! Hang onto that! I know it's hard in the moment, though!! I remember during my first year of teaching, it was so hard that I had this image in my mind that I was wading through mud up to my hips and I remember asking God for peace in the midst of the mud and to help me keep moving my legs. He'll form your character through this!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you! Miss you and wish I could give you a hug in person!
ReplyDeleteLove,
manda