Sunday, May 30, 2010

Since the Semester has ended...

The past couple of weeks have flown by since I've been out of school. I thought I'd be really bored, but I've kept pretty busy catching up on house and personal stuff I had neglected over the past semester. I've also been gone the past couple of weekends on mini vacations with Justin.
Last weekend Justin and I headed to Busch Gardens on Friday with his brother, Daniel. It was my late birthday present from March and I had a really great time. Justin gets sick on roller coasters so he only rode a few with me. But Daniel continued to ride with me until we were beat. The next day we hung around at Justin's mom's house and that night had a cookout with his dad and siblings. Sunday we met up with my aunts, my parents, and brother at Maggiano's in Richmond. We enjoyed an Italian feast that we had been planning for since Christmas but ended up not being able to go because of all the snow. Then once I was in school, I was unable to take any weekends off. It was delicious as usual and we had a great time together, though short.
This weekend, we headed down to White Lake, NC on Thursday night for a weekend with Justin's family and friends. We had a great time on the Lake swimming, tubing, jet skiing, go-karting, and as always, grilling some amazing food. The weather was even pretty decent most of the time. Still, after two consecutive weekends away, I'm glad to be in my own bed tonight with my kitties :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds so fun! Glad you're getting some trips in and enjoying yourself after a tough semester. Miss you! Come visit me! :)

    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well deserved break, for a rough semester under your belt!

    ReplyDelete