Friday, March 26, 2010

A Better Week

This week was a much better week for me despite still having 3 tests. My tests went pretty well and I felt like, ok just 1 week at a time, I can do this. Monday was a great OB day at the hospital. I got to be a part of a patient's labor and delivery , something I hadn't done yet. Being at the hospital made everything that I've been studying so much more real to me. When I went home Monday afternoon, I felt like I was in a daze, maybe it was the birth or maybe it was having to be at the hospital at 6:45 am but I could seem to get the last couple of hours out of my head. The patient was getting angry and frustrated that it wasn't over yet and then all of the sudden, it was time for her to push and then the baby was born and a million things were happening at once! It was exciting and yet I felt like I was in a dream. I mean a year ago I wouldn't have imagined to be in the place that I was on Monday. It was an unforgettable experience that made me realise that nursing school, even though it's a huge challenge, is exactly where I'm supposed to be.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, I am so glad to read this!!!! I miss you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a strong person! Thanks for always being there for me. I know you will make a great nurse, because you always put others before yourself.

    ReplyDelete