Sunday, June 19, 2011
Back to Work
Two weeks ago, I started my new job. The first week was orientation so it was Monday-Friday, 8-5ish. I mostly sat in a classroom, hearing from different departments and learning the computer system. It was informative, but the week seemed to really drag by. But then I had 5 days off before my 12 hour shifts started Thursday. I worked 3- 12 hour shifts in a row and it was really tough. Yesterday went by pretty fast because we were really busy but I definitely felt like a zombie last night. I slept a good bit last night and am feeling better today. Hopefully in a few weeks, I'll get more used to the schedule, mentally and physically. When I am on my own in a few months and am able to make my own schedule, I'm not sure if I'll want to work 3 days in a row, but we'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's intense! I could not imagine being on my feet working 12 hours straight! At least you enjoy your job :) it probably makes the time go by fast enough.
ReplyDelete