I went on my first cruise with two friends from Tech in March of 2008 and I was hooked. For our honeymoon, Justin and I went on my second cruise November 2008. Then there was a break because I went back to school and vacations sort of take a backseat when you're watching your money. But then I broke down this fall and was like we need to go on another cruise and January seemed like the best time for us to go with my school.
We left Saturday the 8th out of Baltimore (we drove up the day before and stayed the night with my aunts in NOVA). We had 4 days of cruising on the ship mixed with 4 days of visiting ports (9 nights). Our first port was Cocoa Beach, FL. We just visited some shops there and sat on the beach for awhile. It was coolish and windier that day (I think like 72). The next stop was Key West, also a cooler and windier day but it was fun to walk around and visit the shops. After Key West was Nassau. We went to the beach here, it was warm when the sun wasn't covered by clouds, and still a pretty nice day. The last port was Coco Cay, which a private island owned by Royal Caribbean. When I was there for my first cruise, it was one of my favorites cause you can just lounge around and relax. They have a barbecue lunch and the water's really warm. But again it was windy and cloudy so not the best beach day. Other than the ports, we had a really good time relaxing on the ship, eating lots of great food, and enjoying the performances every night. I don't think we will go on another cruise in January again, but it was great all the same!
No comments:
Post a Comment