Friday, September 24, 2010

Still Summer

Everyone has been complaining like crazy about the heat but I'm still enjoying it! Until about a week ago, I hadn't even realized that hey, I'm not usually still wearing shorts near the end of September. Too bad I haven't been able to enjoy it too much since I'm usually inside doing school stuff but it's great to still be able to drive around with my windows rolled down and exercise with the sun shining so warmly. I have no idea what this warm weather means for the coming winter...hopefully nothing too terrible!

This past week has been pretty good. I'm a third of the way through this semester which seems really crazy! I've been pretty busy with studying and clinicals so these 5 weeks have gone by fast!
Monday, my first friend from college had a baby; a beautiful girl named Emma.

I had a couple of tests on Monday that went well. I was a little bummed last weekend that I couldn't do anything fun like go to my friend's wedding in Richmond or watch the game Saturday but all of my studying definitely paid off on Monday.
Wednesday night at the hospital was ok, nothing too exciting there. Thursday instead of going to the hospital at night I went to SimLab earlier. Simlab is Radford's simulation center for nurses where we have different scenarios that involve all the skills we've learned so far and then some. Usually there's myself plus one or two other students and a patient who is a dummy. The dummy talks so it's not like you can just do your stuff; you have to interact with it as if it were a real patient. We are also videotaped during the scenario and then the instructor goes over it afterwards (usually to tell us what we did wrong). We don't really like it, but we always learn a lot. Since I didn't have to go to the hospital Thursday night, I got to go the homegroup. That was nice since I hadn't been able to go since school started.
I'm looking forward to watching the game against BC tomorrow on TV so hopefully tonight I'll get lots of reading in! Another test Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Do look for me on TV! :>) I'll be the crazy asian wearing lots of ORANGE. GO HOKIES!

    Can't believe you are 1/3 done either- so proud of you and how hard you're working! Where do you get all of your motivation?

    Miss you and happy Fall-- the leaves are already changing/falling up here!

    Love,
    manda

    ReplyDelete