Yesterday was the 3rd anniversary of the April 16 shootings at Virginia Tech. Sometimes I still can't believe that it happened to my school; it still seems pretty surreal. I did the memorial race in the morning with my friend Megan on campus and then kind of took the day off from school for the rest of the day.
The past few weeks have been going pretty well for me school wise which is amazing since a lot of my school mates have not been doing so well. I tribute that to the grace of God and continuous prayer about school! This semester is coming to an end which I'm really excited about since it's really really hard to study with all of the nice weather! I have three more weeks of class and then a half week of finals. I still have 2 tests left and then 6 finals to accomplish in that time which seems pretty impossible but I know God will give me the strength to get through it all. I think I would be feeling pretty discouraged right now if it weren't for my faith. I am still pretty worried about my skills final that I have coming up on the 27th. It covers all of the body systems we've covered this semester. I basically have to pick one of the systems from a cup and do that assessment on a partner. Each system entails lots of information to look, listen, and explain about. I am pretty nervous about it since there is so much to remember and it's the first test where I've had to perform something. But it's like I was telling my mom, I think I'm where I'm supposed to be and as long as I do my part, the Lord will do the rest. This semester has by far been the greatest period of reliance on God for me. I've had it pretty easy most of my life and I've never felt so humbled before. I'm grateful for all that God has taught in the past months and I hope that I will be able to continue to rely on him even when life is not as difficult.
Such truth Ashley! Proud of you!!
ReplyDelete