Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Some winter weather complaining and meal swapping

I haven't blogged in a little while I guess because I didn't really have anything to talk about unless you count complaining about the weather and the fact that in the past 2 weeks I've only had two classes. Well today was a nice full day of class, actually extended by a couple of hours to make up for all of the work we've missed. Not having class the last two weeks also means that I will probably have the worst week of the semester next week with 2 quizzes and 3 tests in 3 days.

Switching to something else, Saturday night, myself and 6 other girls from church swapped some meals. I brought 6 of the same thing and swapped it out for 1 from each of the other girls. I was really hesitant to do this since I'm pretty picky about what I don't like to eat (nothing made with mayonnaise, sour cream, or cream cheese for a short list). I was sure I would only be taking home 2 dinners because the rest would probably be tainted with ingredients I can't stand. But after careful inspection of the recipes, I saw to my surprise that all of them would work! Still, after I took them home, I was a little worried to try them since I hadn't made them myself and things always look different when they are cold in the fridge and when you heat them up (like soup). But so far the first two meals have been good and probably wouldn't have been things I would have tried to make myself. I guess this means I am in the process of moving out of my food comfort zone! Yikes!

3 comments:

  1. haha yes move out of that food comfort zone! What did you try?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie's pasta, your soup, and Jessica's soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More details! I love reading new recipes :)

    Lots of love,
    manda

    ReplyDelete